Requirements for (D.O.T. Certification)
- Be 21 years of age before residency completion.
- Read and speak the English language well enough to converse with general public, to understand traffic signals, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Have no current suspended driver's license in any state. Nor any unpaid traffic tickets in any state.
- Not have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs; leaving the scene of an accident which resulted in serious injury or death; or any felony offense involving the use of a motor vehicle within the last year for a first conviction or the last three years for a second conviction. (Company requirements may vary- call for details.)
- Have no loss of foot, hand, or arm, unless a waiver has been granted pursuant to FMC5R 391.49.
- Have no impairment of hand or finger, which interferes with pretension or power grasping.
- Have no defects in arms, foot or leg, which interferes with the ability to perform normal tasks associated with operating a motor vehicle.
- Have no current history or clinical diagnosis of diabetes requiring insulin.
- Have no current clinical diagnosis of heart disease of a variety known to be accompanied by syncope, dyspnea, collapse, or congestive heart failure.
- Have no history or clinical diagnosis of high blood pressure, or must be controlled by medication.
- Have no respiratory disfunction.
- Have no clinical diagnosis of epilepsy.
- Have acceptable eye and hearing acuity. Vision must be correctable to 20/40 for both eyes.
- Have no clinical diagnosis for nervous, mental or psychiatric disorder.
- Not use any narcotic or habit-forming drugs of any type.
- Have no clinical diagnosis of alcoholism.
- Have no rheumatic, arthritic, orthopedic, muscular, neuromuscular, or vascular disease, which interferes with the ability to control, and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Have no more than two moving violations in the last year or four in the past five years.
- Hold no more than one valid driver's license.
- Be able to pass D.O.T. physical examination.
Requirements for Licensing and D.O.T. Physical
Included in the classroom training, International Schools will prepare you to take the General Knowledge, the Class A and B, Combination Vehicles and Air Brakes exams. We will also prepare you to take the Tanker and Doubles and Triples endorsement exams.
During the first week of class you will be required to take your D.O.T. Physical Exam and Drug Screen. The cost of the CDL Permit, D.O.T. Physical Drug Screen and CDL License are included in the price. Note: There are no hidden costs.
- Valid Texas, New Mexico, or Arkansas driver's license.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Picture I.D.- must have for drug screen!
- Social Security Card.
- Must not have any outstanding tickets or warrants!